President and COO
DP Murphy Hotels & Resorts
- Born in Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Graduated from U.P.E.I. in 1980 and in the same year purchased two existing Tim Hortons.
- President of D. P. Murphy Inc. that now operates over 30 Tim Hortons and 30 Wendy’s Restaurants on P.E.I. and in the Quebec and Ontario Markets.
- Also operates 12 hotel properties in the Maritime Provinces which include brands such as Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inns, Four Points by Sheraton, Future Inns, Fairfield Marriott, Quality Inns and Dalvay by the Sea on P.E.I.
- Over the years, Danny and his wife, Martie have been involved in many major fundraisers for the Alzheimer’s Society, Mental Health, Autism, Easter Seals for Physically Challenged Children, just to name a few. Danny’s company also operates the Oak Acres Children’s Camp where 480 disadvantaged children get to enjoy a summer camping experience.
- D. P. Murphy Inc. has approximately 4,000 employees.
- Danny Lives with his wife, Martie in Stanhope, P.E.I. and has 6 children – Karen, Laura, Stevie, Will, Dannie and Georgie and six grandchildren – Archer, Austin, Mae, Polly, Renna and Nell